1st eco-designed site of the market
For a company like Dalkia – a key player in the energy transition and a subsidiary of EDF – company values must be reflected everywhere, even in digital practices. Dalkia must thus set an example, reduce its own environmental impact and commit to more responsible digital use.
How could we assert Dalkia’s values – in particular its long-term commitment to carbon neutrality – through digital processes?
Digital frugality implies the design of the website using a new graphic code that is less energy-intensive. This involved specific compression as well as the chromatic and raster treatment of images.
To ensure the achievement of our digital frugality objective, we conducted iterative CO2 footprint tests throughout the production of the models and code.
- 64 % reduction in CO2 emissions
- 2 servers instead of 7
- A 95% of pages rated A
- Bronze - Website
- 2 Gold / Grand Prix - GP Design 1 Gold - GP Communication
- Website / UX / EcoDesign shortlist
- Honoree / Best User Interface / Sustainability & Environment Nominee / Corporate Social Responsibility
- Innovation award Responsible website award